Sunday, September 19, 2010

treatment

It's been black, grey, and white.

Black:

Beautiful words escape from you, as I listen with great intent. I am beyond happy. Love at first sight. Never thought it could be. You accepted me, for me, and never thought twice about it. Our love came so easily, never any challenges came our way. And then..


It was Grey.

They say death comes in threes. And you couldn't handle it. Who could? But you dropped me. You told me that you were done. You didn't miss me. Didn't want me. 'Everything I ever love, gets hurt.' So.. wait.. you love me. But you don't want to hurt me. So you decide to leave me high and dry. But never exactly go away. You text when you want me. You text to ask me to hang out but I could never stay. I always had to leave.. Then I saw why. She came from the past back into the present. I knew her, but you knew her better. Much better than I ever could have imagined (or wanted). So then, I knew at that moment, when I laid eyes on you two..

It had become White.

I knew it was over. I had to move on. It was not possible any longer. I deserved better. I didn't need to be treated this way anymore.

Black, Grey, and White.

Three different shades.
Three different areas you put me in.

The last, most liberating. The last, is when I decided to treat myself with more respect.
And that's the one that matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment