Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wait.

Wait.



Don't.



Too Late.





My body never listens. You'd think that my brain and body were unison with each other, but it always seems that they are working against each other, to control me. My brain usually wins. But today my body is giving it's best.



It really all begins when I start to think too much. I think about my love life, my friends, my family, and then the worry takes over. My head starts to hurt. Then, my hands start to feel antsy. Like they need to be shaken out.. but moving them won't help. They're restless, like my brain.
Then my heart starts to hurt. It feels like someone jabbed me in the heart with a knife. It's constricted from air.. It's pumping blood too fast and I am getting palpitations.
My brain keeps thinking, 'Stop. Stop. Wait. Just breathe, dammit. Just breathe.'

But again, my body refuses to be controlled. I begin to breathe harshly. As if I had been crying for hours and just can't catch my breath.. I just want to stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.

But when you are having a panic attack, your body doesn't wait. You're brain doesn't listen. You are just stuck dealing with the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment